When you start Microsoft Office Outlook, you may receive the following error message:
The file xxxx.pst could not be found.
where ‘xxxx.pst’ is name of the Outlook PST file to be loaded.
Below is a sample screenshot of the error message:
This error occurs if one of the following conditions is true:
- Your Outlook PST file is corrupted.
- Your Outlook PST file is located on a network server that is unavailable.
For the first case, you need to use our product DataNumen Outlook Repair to repair the file and solve the problem.
For the second case, please contact your system administrator to solve the problem.
- 8 Ways to Prevent PST File Corruption
- Microsoft Knowledgebase Article 830307: You receive an error message when you start Outlook
- Microsoft Knowledgebase Article 286162: OL2002: You Cannot Open Default Mail Folders
- Microsoft Knowledgebase Article 197267: OL2000: (CW) Unable to Open Default Mail Folders