How to Recover
Why DataNumen Outlook Express Drive Recovery?
20+ Years of
Extremely Simple Interface
Solution for Following Common Cases:
- Delete the Outlook Express .dbx files and then empty the Recycle Bin by mistake.
- Permanently delete the Outlook Express .dbx files by mistake.
- Format the drive containing the Outlook Express .dbx files by mistake.
- Delete the partition containing the Outlook Express .dbx files by mistake.
- Re-partition the disk by mistake and lost the drive containing the .dbx files.
- Cannot read drive or disk containing the .dbx files due to hardware failure.
- The drive or disk containing the dbx files cannot be started or recognized due to corruption in MBR, partition table or any other reasons.
For all above cases, and any other cases when you cannot access the Outlook Express data stored in your local drives or disks, you can always resort to DataNumen Outlook Express Drive Recovery.
Main Features in DataNumen Outlook Express Drive Recovery v1.0
- Support for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Visa/7/8/8.1/10 and Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016/2019.
- Support to recover all versions of Microsoft Outlook Express emails.
- Support to recover Outlook Express emails from any drives or disks, such as hard disks, flash drives, floppy disks, Zip disks, CDROMs, etc.
- Support to recover Outlook Express emails from corrupted media.
- Support to recover a batch of drives and disks.
- Support to recover from drives or disks as large as 16777216 TB (i.e. 17179869184 GB).
- Can be used as a computer forensic tool and electronic discovery (or e-discovery, eDiscovery) tool.
Using DataNumen Outlook Express Drive Recovery to Recover Emails
As long as you have stored Outlook Express data on your drive or disk, then for whatever reason you cannot retrieve or access your Outlook Express data, you can always use DataNumen Outlook Express Drive Recovery to recover Outlook Express emails from the drives or disks for you. The recovered messages are saved as .eml files that can be easily imported back to Outlook Express.
Note: AS SOON AS THE DATA DISASTER HAPPENS ON YOUR OUTLOOK EXPRESS DATA LOCATED IN THE SOURCE DRIVE OR DISK, PLEASE DO NOT WRITE OR CHANGE ANY DATA ON THAT DRIVE OR DISK ANY MORE. DOEDR WILL ONLY READ DATA FROM THAT DRIVE OR DISK AND WILL NEVER WRITE OR CHANGE ANY DATA ON IT!
Start DataNumen Outlook Express Drive Recovery
Note: Before recovering Outlook Express emails with DataNumen Outlook Express Drive Recovery, please close Outlook Express.
If the logical drive where your Outlook Express dbx files are original stored still exists and its size or location has not been changed yet, then please select that drive to be scanned:
Otherwise, if the logical drive does not exist any more, due to re-partition of the disk, lost of the MBR or partition information, or any other reasons, or the logical drive is resized or relocated with partition tools such as Partition Magic, then you should set the whole hard disk storing the dbx files as the source disk to be scanned:
If you plug-in or out a removable disk to your computer after DataNumen Outlook Express Drive Recovery is launched, then you can click the button to refresh the drive and disk list in the combo box.
Please select the output folder:
All the recovered emails will be saved as .eml files in the output folder. You can input the output folder name directly or click the button to browse and select the folder.
Note: TO PREVENT OVERWRITING YOUR OUTLOOK EXPRESS DATA ON THE SOURCE DRIVE OR DISK, PLEASE DO NOT SELECT AN OUTPUT FOLDER ON THE SOURCE DRIVE OR DISK.
Click the button, and DataNumen Outlook Express Drive Recovery will start scanning the selected drive or disk, and recovering emails from it. Progress bar
will indicate the recovery progress.
After the recovery process, if any messages have been recovered from the drive or disk successfully, you will see a message box like this:
Now you can open a recovered message with Outlook Express by double-clicking the icon of a .eml file in the output directory. Or import multiple messages into a mail folder in Outlook Express.